Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday's feathered friends...

Sorry for the lack of posting this week, we finally are having beautiful autumn weather and I have been doing lots of outside chores. The garden and planters are taking on their winter look.This morning I am taking a few extra minutes with my coffee and camera and enjoying the birds coming to the feeder right outside my window...grab a cup and enjoy them with me. A goldfinch...
and a late season robin...
a white-breasted nuthatch...
and oh my gosh is that what I think it is?
I think this little guy is another late migrator...the ruby-crowned kinglet though he didn't stand still long enough for a better photo or id.
He wanted a drink but I have the fountain turned up so that the water doesn't freeze as fast and he was too afraid to go down to the water. He stared at it a few minutes and off he flew. I hope you enjoyed my feathered friends from this cloudy Friday morning.

13 comments:

Joyce said...

They certainly brighten up the world:)

Foley said...

Again - gorgeous photos! I haven't noticed too many birds in the backyard lately..they are smarter than I am in heading south!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

This was a lovely way to brighten any day.Hope your day is filled with good things.
Blessings,Ruth

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

You captured some fantastic shots, Marsha! I haven't seen a robin here for at least 2 weeks. I love the shot on the scarecrow's hat!

Cynthia said...

Wonderful pictures, Marsha ... We've had several migrations fly over the last few days. The seemed extremely skittish. Several groups of red-winged blackbirds and a large group of robins have flown over. Made lots of noise and darted in and out of trees. A robin hit a window in our study and a blackbird a window in the family room. Heard a loud thud and saw feathers on the window.

Carol said...

Gorgeous picture's, Marsha! I love how you wintered up the planters! Very pretty!

Amazing shots of the birds!

donna said...

Great photos of your feathered friends. Reminds me that I haven't seen a robin for a while. Sometimes a few get confused and hang around all winter.

Simple Home said...

Beautiful photos, you get such a variety of birds. We only get a few kinds here, but I love to watch them feed too. I don't think your scarecrow is working though :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Carol at Serendipity said...

Beautiful pictures and very pretty planters.

Carol

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, always come here for a dose of nature. You never let me down! Beautiful photos, I miss the birds at the cottage. I hope to get up north soon to see my feathered friends.

Brenda said...

Stopped in from another blogger's site, so glad I did. You have beautiful pictures.

eileeninmd said...

Cute birdies photos. Love the nuthatch!

RuthieJ said...

RC Kinglet! I love those little birdies and you actually got great photos in the 2 nanoseconds the bird was not moving! I've never been able to do that.