Thursday, October 01, 2009

Oct garden walk...wildflower garden

The October 1st wildflower garden is looking a little wild these days. But that's a good thing meaning it is all going to seed and I'll have a lush wild garden in 2010.
When October arrives you can see how the blackberry lily got it's name...the seed pods of the little orange flower burst into blackberry look a likes.
Hershey is checking out all the pine needles that have been blowing off the trees as it has been very windy here all week.
All those coneflower seed heads are a very popular place to hang out these days.

4 comments:

Foley said...

As you can tell I started from the top down...what a fantastic October walk!! Thoroughly enjoyed it...Thanks for the relaxing walk..I didn't feel that old wind at all!! lol

A Grain of Salt said...

I enjoyed it too, Marsha. Your love of gardening shines through every step of the way.

Cynthia said...

I enjoy seeing your monthly walks, Marsha. It's always interesting to see what a difference one month makes.

Sweet little bird on the coneflower, and I never tire of seeing Hershey.

Tina said...

I just love your garden walks! So much to see and such neat shots you get of all your plants and birdees who visit!