5 months ago
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Oct garden walk...front landscape
As we leave the backyard to tour the front lanscape we walk past the bed on the side of the garage.
When we get to the front rose & iris garden...
we spot the two tin houses from C & R (read barn post).

Don't they look right at home here?
While the iris look kind of tough this month the rest of the garden just keeps blooming and blooming.

The other side of the front landscape still looks equally good...in spite of filling up with blown leaves.
The red ribbon grass front and center made for striking color against the green of the mum and autumn joy sedum all summer. Now, they are giving it a challenge in full color! The little bourbon clematis on the ground makes me smile...it died off this summer and I pulled out the trellis and gave up on it and in August it started growing back from the roots.
My poor little pee gee hydrangea...I still haven't found time to cut off the weight of all those blossoms. I also have to repot and take in my passion flower vine in the pot under the front window. It is only rated to zone 6 and I am a zone 4 gardener so I am hoping it will overwinter in the basement.
The front pots are also looking ragged these days...by Nov 1st they will be filled with their winter greens.
The dogs are barking on the side of the garage we better head over and see what's the matter, on the way we spot the spanish lavender...I'm going to try and overwinter that as well.
Oops, I guess they noticed I forgot to show the sedum wheelbarrow. Now, Ruger wants us to follow him...
another sign of how windy it is...this flower pot blew over, the flag is horizontal and Ruger can't even hold his tail straight :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your autumn joy is beau - so many flowers still in bloom other than the normal fall ones..seriously think you have an entire "green" hand rather than just a thumb!
Marsha, I'm enjoying this walk! My Bourbon died and came back too.
How fun to follow your garden walk ... You've got two great companions with you. Marsha, I never cease to be amazed at the work you put into your gardens. I can only imagine what it's like just to clean up after a strong wind storm.
Post a Comment