Thursday, October 01, 2009

Oct garden walk...Pine Hollow

Fall has arrived in Pine Hollow...








Enjoy the garden walks...there are a total of 5 posts.

10 comments:

jmatts said...

SO CHARMING !!
Where ever do you find all the miniatures? Garden tools, pumpkins, and even tiny bird feeders...

Everyone, make sure you click & enlarge the photos to see all the wonderful detail.

Marsha said...

jmatts - I hope you check back. To answer your questions most of my things are found in thrift stores. The 3 metal arbors, the gazebo, the park bench that the baby is sleeping on, the white scene painted bench, the twig gate, and the branch with a birdhouse holding the Pine Hollow sign were all found in thrift stores. The door and bridge we made ourselves. The bridge is a replacement after Hershey chewed up the original one I had. You can also see her big feet scatter my water (marbles) which are leftover from my daughter's wedding in 2007. The 2 bird feeders (hanging on bent coat hangers) and the trellis in the pot are Christmas ornaments that I used to have on my Christmas tree but now I enjoy them so much more outside in PH. I will be looking this holiday season for more :) I couldn't resist the garden tools at a local craft store last month. The large leaf patio and the two blue mushroom caps were gifts from blog readers who visited the garden and baby Barbie, the sleeping fairy was a gift from another blogger who is now a good friend. The rest of the fairies I purchased, some at a nursery and the others on ebay. I also have a cute little bird bath (thrift store) that I didn't notice was missing when I took the photos...found it over on Hershey's side of the garage later :)Most of the time she is quite good about leaving it alone but goes in that area when I am.

Thanks for your comments.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I guess I went on the garden walk backwards,but the beauty is the same.Your garden still looks lovely,what a shame that soon all the plants will be frozen.Oh well.winter has it's own beauty for sure.
Blessings,Ruth

Foley said...

You really do need to enlarge the photos everyone to see the details!! I don't remember seeing those little benchs before - they are so cute!!
Pine Hollow is just a fanatsy place... priceless!

A Grain of Salt said...

Very sweet, Marsha!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What an enchanting place - I love Pine Hollow :)

Cynthia said...

Pine Hollow is magical ... I was glad to read your response to the question. I've always wondered how you kept Hershey out. Now I know. .... I'm wondering if when you did your count of birdhouses (or was it feeders) did you count the ones in Pine Hollow? :) Love the little acorn feeder....

Tina said...

Marsha,
I clicked on all the photos..whew what a lot of prep work and thought went into these little scenes! How neat..I love the door at the base of the tree and the sand dollar look that is its window decoration. Combining the texture of the tree and the coloring in the plant next to the door..WoW!! I do realistic wall hangings out of fabric...Miniature subjects always make great inspirations for getting ideas for drawings, paintings and quilting! You are very creative!! :)

The Tablescaper said...

Marsha:

I love your fairy garden. It looks like little fairies must inhabit it when you're not looking. I love it's fall theme.

Thanks so much for becoming a Follower. Hope you visit often.

- The Tablescaper

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love Pine Hollow , Very inspiring!;~)
~Myrna Lee