Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cedar Waxwings...

For only the second time since we have lived here, large numbers of cedar waxwings migrated through our yard.
They spent most of the afternoon enjoying a feast of crabapples.


I was so happy to capture some photos in the bright sunlight because once the clouds moved int they didn't show up nearly as well.


So far today, I have only spotted one straggler so I think the majority of the group has already moved on. It sure was fun while it lasted :)

17 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Great shots of the cedar waxwings.
Unfortunately a flock of these masked raiders can clean out my dwarf crab apple tree in short order. I'm usually too busy watching them eat and forget all about my camera.

Tina said...

One of my absolutely favorite birds..these are wonderful shots, Marsha! You lucky girl, such a colorful and exquiste treat sent from above to brighten your day.. ;-)

I am truly envious...but happy for u!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

These birds are usually seen in flocks.I am so happy you had the chance to get some great pictures.
Blessings,Ruth

Carolyn said...

You did get great shots of them.I have trouble getting clear shots of birds.
Have a good weekend,
Carolyn

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, nice to see your birds... ;-)

Jayne said...

Oh, it's so fun to see them descend on a berried shrub and eat until they are satiated! Great photos Marsha!

CIELO said...

Oh I love garden blogs, and I've enjoyed yours! Truly divine... I'd like to invite you to celebrate with us your home and everything is dear to you at our "Show Off Your Cottage Monday!

Hugs

cielo

Carol said...

Great pictures, Marsha! I really enjoy your pictures :)

Simple Home said...

You have some beautiful photos on your blog. I just discovered you when I came here from Marsha's Mpressions. I'm new to blogging, but I think maybe we should start a "Marsha/Marcia club ;-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Peggy said...

Crabapples are a magnet aren't they? Nice shots, congrats on your find!

Darla said...

Very nice photos here, glad you got to capture them again!

jalynn01 said...

I love these beautiful birds! It pays to have crab apples to attract them. Great captures.

Cynthia said...

Such gorgeous birds, Marsha ... I'm not surprised that you get such varied visitors; your gardens are so inviting.

RuthieJ said...

I love Cedar Waxwings too! I'm lucky enough to keep a few in my yard all summer. Your pictures are beautiful Marsha

Dirt Princess said...

Hi! I haven't been around a few days, seems like I missed a lot. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your step mom. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I cannot BELIEVE it has snowed there 3 times already. That is just crazy! It NEVER snows here but once every 10 years!

As always your photos are amazing!

i cant decide said...

Great shots!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

It's amazing how much prettier they look in the sunlight. I'm glad you got some great shots!