Thursday, August 27, 2009

garden shots...








I've been gone most days for the past 2 weeks so yesterday I went out to fill the feeders and was quite shocked to see what the gardens looked like. There are many flattened areas and here are the culprits...
They wrestle and play all day long and since I haven't been around to shoo them out of the garden it must have been an awful lot of fun playing in the tall flowers!

18 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi there! Very pretty photos! Did you change your header? I love it!
Blessings,
Sandra

Bonnie said...

Those are some amazing shots!

Jayme said...

Looks like their bed got brought outside again!

Darla said...

I know that had a big time in your garden, LOL. Come see my almost Monarchs!!

Cynthia said...

Great shots, Marsha ... is that a hummer? If so, how did you ever catch it still?

The culprits are too cute to stay angry at; I bet they've been having a great time.

Carolyn said...

Great shots.Love the hummingbird and the butterfly especially.

Carolyn

jalynn01 said...

When mom is away the dogs will play!! That is so funny.. they know. Great garden shots Marsha.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Rascals! They do look like they're having fun, though:) I'm not sure I've ever seen your cranes before - I had to enlarge the photo to make sure they weren't real!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I have enjoyed this walk through the gardens.I am always amazed at the beauty I see.
Ruth

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love your butterfly shots here and in another post. I think the monarch is the coolest butterfly to see in photos. The colors and markings are awesome.

I enjoyed your vacation photos, too. I won't show them to my husband. He'd love to get motorcycles and take off. We actually had a Kawasaki 125 when we were young that we took turns driving. The day a truck drove in front of me, and I had to dump the bike to avoid hitting it was the last day I drove it. The main reasons I don't want one or two now are because of the money it would cost, and because I hate wind blowing on me. Still. it looks like you had lots of fun.

Foley said...

Flattened the flowers but they look so cute!! lol
Love the hummingbird shot and all your bright yellow flowers!!

From the Old InkWell said...

Marsha, sweet photos!

BTW, I've left you an award. Stop by when you get a chance. I know you don't accept them, but that's okay. I wanted to include you anyway and don't feel obligated to respond in any way. I enjoy your reading your blog!

Millie said...

Those bird pics are so good! Love the entire blog...

Kit Aerie-el said...

Fantastic photos!
What is the black and white bird?
And in the 4th picture with the Rudbeckia, what are the incredible flowers in the foreground? It was so fun to see the cute little bee hovering there when I clicked on the picture and could see it enlarged.

Jayne said...

Beautiful images from your garden Marsha... tee hee hee... sounds like they have been having fun!

Carol said...

I love the header, Marsha, and August in your garden is beautiful, but then any time in your garden is just beautiful! The strolls you take us on are so pretty!

Love the pups!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

AWWWW, but you can't get mad at such pretty dogs! The flowers they haven't trampled sure are pretty, and your header looks so pretty. laurie

RuthieJ said...

Are those the black & blue salvia in picture #6? I've heard hummingbirds can't resist them!