Wednesday, May 06, 2009

today's happenings....

I was excited to welcome two more new visitors to the garden today. This morning I spotted the Harris sparrows and there are at least 10 of them at the feeders at one time.

The yellow rumped warblers are still here...
but look at the handsome fellow that arrived at dinnertime tonight! The Rose-breasted Grosbeak is one of my favorite birds...
and this one fed for quite a while at the barn feeder.
Speaking of barns...Charlotte and her web have finally joined Harley, the horse on the back of the barn...and like the old painted advertising of years gone by...
Hershey and I thought we needed some advertising on our barn.
I took all the photos for the tulip post yesterday late in the day so I was pleasantly surprised to see what the orange ones in the second photo looked like in the middle of the day today. Tonight they are closed back up into tight tulip shapes.

12 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

We too had the Harris Sparrow arrive today,hopefully that means the Rose-breastedGrosbeak is not far behind.Love the advertisment on the barn.
Blesings,Ruth

Jayne said...

What a beautiful sparrow! I've never seen one. Love Charlotte in the barn now. :c) Tulips are beautiful.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I LOVE orange flowers!! Those tulips are the prettiest.

Can't wait for a Harris's Sparrow to show up here. They are my favorite sparrow.

Foley said...

Great bird photos - love the web and esp. Hershey's ad sign!!!

Peggy said...

I would love to see my own Harris Sparrow! What a colorful lil guy! Nice shots! Beautiful tulips!

Sonia said...

I just love small little birds. They are so sweet and your photography is great! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

Cynthia said...

Wonderful pics of birds and your knowledge of them is impressive!

I love the addition of Charlotte. ... you did a great job. I can't decide if Charlotte looks menancing or surprised. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful bird photos, great web, wonder advertisment and gorgeous tulips!!

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, you've inspired me to get my feeders out. We had pretty much stoped feeding except for finches and hummingbirds. I bought peanut pick-outs and black oil sunflower seed yesterday and the feeders go up tomorrow. Love your creative talents on the barn.

Jayne @ S&S

From the Old InkWell said...

Marsha,

Love seeing your birdies! The yellow rumped warbler is so cute, but hope he doesn't know his name. He might be offended! LOL

jalynn01 said...

Wow! I've missed alot while I was away in WV. But Spring has sprung and your flowers are beautiful.. My RB Grosbeak was there to greet me and I heart a B. Oriole this morning. no visual yet. Spring is a happy event isn't it? I love Miss Chaarlotte and your Hershey Milk sign...you are talented gal!!!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

I know it's wrong to be in envy, but I just can't help it when I see your birds visiting your waterfall! It is absolutely a PERFECT place for photographing them. And when you capture them splashing in the water it's even better!
The barn decorations are a great addition, Marsha. Makes it appear personalized and your tulips don't even look real, they are so perfect. GREAT JOB!