In reading my friend Debbie's blog this morning I saw she joined an event called Mosaic Monday. I clicked on the link to hostess, Mary and her blog, The Little Red House, and starting viewing the others. What a wonderful idea and what beautiful and creative mosaics. Click on the title of her blog for the link to see the other's participating. I have a busy Monday planned but took time to run out and grab a few photos of my current blossoms for a mosaic. While other areas of the country are past the blossom times of the tulips, daffodils and crab apple trees mine are still going strong. We also have wild plum trees blooming and I look forward to the lilacs in a week or two. The spring scent around here is so wonderful and lovely but allergy inducing!
News from the garden: My first ever red-headed woodpecker visited last week. He spent a whole afternoon calling out and pecking loudly, I imagine to attract a mate. We usually only have downy and hairy woodpeckers with an occasional red-bellied so I think he went home lonely as we haven't seen him since.
I went nursery shopping last week to my favorite nursery (to visit Jerome, the giraffe) and lo and behold he was sold. The saleslady must have thought I wanted to buy him (rather than blog him) when I asked for his whereabouts and insisted I look at these to llamas which they will sell as a pair for a mere $350 ;)
I'll be busy planting this week so posts and visits might be infrequent. It will be hard to cut back the beautiful spider mum blossoms...but I know I must do it...
Have a wonderful week and thank you again to Mary for hosting Mosaic Monday's.
25 comments:
Hi Marsha, I'm so glad you had time to join Mosaic Monday -- your mosaics are SO beautiful, and I have a feeling your garden must be lovely, too! Hope to see you again next week! :)
What beautiful mosaics Marsha. You do have wonderful spring blooms right now.......keep a tissue in your pocket!
Beautiful photos. Sorry about Jerome...maybe you will find him somewhere else
Love the photos!
Beautiful shots and great mosaics. What a special garden you have...I had a dog just like yours as a child. Her name was Rosie;)
These photos are beautiful! Your garden must be gorgeous!
Those are really pretty photos! I love your choice of colors for your mosaic!
~Really Rainey~
Beautiful pictures.I particularily love the color choice.
Blessings,Ruth
So nice to see your tribute to your best friend. I know you miss him.
Joyce
Marsha, what a beautiful mosiac you created, and my favorite picture is the one of your best friend Gabi. I'm glad you joined me for Mosiac Monday.
What pretty mosaics! And I love that you put your dog in one. That's a great idea.
Lovely! I really like the photo of your dog walking along the garden path.
Woo-Hoo! Red-Headed Woodpecker Marsha! I hope you enjoy this rapidly declining woodpecker and he finds and mate and they raise a family in one of your trees.
Your mosaics are so pretty. I'm not good at that. They never look right when I try them. I think you have to have a level of creativity that I don't have, but I'm going to keep trying. laurie
Hello, stopped by from Marys as I am hooked on mosaics, your spring flowers and mosaics are beautiful, ours have been and gone, so it was so lovely to see yours, tulips are my all time fave and how lovely that you had a red-headed woodpecker come visit you, happy Monday, Kathy.
Laurie is very creative! Have you seen her Road trip post, LOL!
Very pretty, Marsha, you will have to teach me!
Beautiful and I love that you included animals in each of your mosaics. Thank you for sharing these photographs with us and Happy Mosaic Monday! ~Arleen
what a sweet tribute to Gabi...love the flowers surrounding her!!
Beautiful mosaics Marsha - did you use Susan's templates?
One problem...when I went to enlarge the mosaic to get a close up of the woodpecker..no enlargement :(
Was just passing by and really enjoyed your blog:)
Beautiful collection Marsha. I should learn how to do this.
OK, so I am green that you got to see the Red-headed. I've yet to see one here. :c) Love your pretty mosaics!
Thank you for all your nice comments. The photos were all taken on Monday so the dog you see is Ruger...
Oh I love your mosaics!!! They are wonderful!!!
Have a great day!!!
XOXO
Cathy
Beautiful mosaic Marsha..I'm slow getting to all the blogs but couldn't not comment on such pretty photos. Too bad about Jerome but the llamas are cute!
Post a Comment