We fell in love with her the moment we laid eyes on her...such a loving puppy who grew up into the smartest dog we have ever had. Jeff's constant companion who loved nothing more than hunting and just being near us. My devoted garden buddy who always kept watch for rabbits and squirrels...

Next to hunting nothing compared to riding in the ranger...she could hear it start up from across the yard and was ready for any rides and would wait in the seat for the next ride...even after parking it in the garage. Her last few years were hard with surgery, more tumors and going blind. Her last weeks were pain filled...may she rest in peace... Our Mother's Day weekend was bittersweet...losing Gabi was emotional and sad but we had many joyful times as well. Tomorrow's post will be a happy one...I promise.
20 comments:
Oh Marsha, sorry to read about this. Glad you have many great memories to cherish in your heart.
I'm so sorry to hear about Gabi. I've lost pets before and found that only time can dull the hurt.
I'm sorry Marsha.
Our pets are such good friends and family members.
Marsha, I'm so sorry to hear about Gabi! I'm so sad for you! I know how it hurts when you lose a pup that's part of the family.
I am so sorry about Gabi. I know you will miss her. She looks like she had a full life. She is a beautiful dog. It is so hard to lose our pets. I lost a sweet companion who was only 3 when he began heart problems and died within 10 days of diagnosis.
There's a sweet new Gabi keeping my Murphy company now...and no sore bones, hips or blind eyes! There God's creation too, and I love the spirit he put in my Murphy while I had him here...you have some great pics to remember Gabi...may they become more golden each time you look at them!
Marsha - I know too well how you and Jeff must be feeling. It is so difficult losing a loved pet, I'm sure Ruger and Hershey are feeling the loss also.. But the happy memories will always be there.
Marsha, I'm very sad to hear about Gabi!! She was beautiful and I can certainly attest to understanding your emotions. It's so hard to let go of our little 'furry, four-legged kids'. So sorry it had to be this weekend for you though. They are here for such a short period of time but bring us much love and companionship!
Love and hugs to you and Jeff!!
Aw,losing a friend is never easy.So sorry.
Blessings,Ruth
Marsha, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Jeff were very fortunate to have Gabi and she was equally lucky to have lived at your wonderful home with such a loving family.
I know how hard it is to lose a pet. They're a part of our families. Thank you for sharing pictures of Gabi Jo.
Oh, Marsha... I'm so very sorry. Gabi was such a sweet looking girl. Your heart must be breaking. And Jeff's too. Sending a big hug to you both.
J@S&S
OH Marsha, I'm so sorry. You can tell from the photos she had such a sweet nature. I don't have dogs of my own, but I have 4 granddogs and I know how attached you can get to them. They are a part of the family.
Take care.
((((Marsha)))) I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I know she was such a sweet part of your life and hope that all the good memories soon replace the sadness.
I have tears in my eyes reading this post and seeing the lovely photos of your Gabi. There is a saying that dogs leave paw prints on our hearts and that is so true. Big HUGS to you today.
Joyce
Marsha, my thoughts are with you all as you mourn Gabi's loss.
I am so sorry for your loss, Marsha!
Marsha this was a beautiful tribute to such a sweet special girl. I'm very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be. She's comfy now and maybe in heaven she can drive herself around!
Oh, this brought tears to my eyes. I am a dog lover, and it hurts so much when we lose a devoted companion. Gabi was a beauty, and I can tell by looking at her pictures that she was devoted to her family. I'm so sorry for your loss. laurie
Marsha, I just couldn't find the words to comment and still can't. I just know how much Gabi loved you and your family, and vice versa. Man's best friend for sure. I'm truly sorry for your loss and the void left by wonderful Gabi.
Those are some great shots of Gabi Jo--how did you get her to pose in all those places (I especially like the one on the bridge ;)
Sorry for your loss! She was a pretty dog and I'm sure a good friend.
Post a Comment