Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dance...

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
— Mark Twain
Jayme & I had the pleasure of watching Alexis in her dance recital this weekend. At 4 years old, she danced "like no one was watching" in a packed auditorium...a little pro at her first recital with no signs of nervousness. Her first routine was a tap dance to "Rhythm in my Nursery Rhyme".
She stole the show at the end of this dance when her high kick sent her shoe flying. Below you can see her surprised look when it flew off and her "how am I going to get that shoe while not screwing up the dance" expression. She just kept on dancing and didn't break arms as she grabbed the shoe and danced off the stage at the end of the performance. A fast thinker our little Alexis is...
She showed her ballet skills in her next performance to "Let's All Sing Like The Birdie's Sing".

How many of us can say we can blow kisses while jumping and circling? This girl has talent...

Alexis, we are proud of your dancing skills and you wowed us with your performance!

Blog readers, I told you today was a "happy" post...back to the garden tomorrow, the hummingbirds and orioles have arrived and I hope to find time to capture a photo today.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Move over Shirley Temple!! What an adorable dancer you have there and my does she ever have talent!!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Gosh, did you bring back memories of my daughter up on stage! That is a incredible time of life for both you and Alexis. She is just adorable, Marsha. All of your shots are beautiful of her.
Can't wait till she grows up and sees them!!

Rebecca said...

These are totally CHARMING pictures! You are justifiably proud!

Skoots1moM said...

thank you for sharing her with us...she is adorable and you can really she her love of dance in her face

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Hurray Alexis!!
Such a beautiful dancer!

Memories of my Molly dancing at four to "Turkey in the Straw". She stopped to wave when she saw me.

Foley said...

Marsha - Alexis is so precious!!! That's the next wish on my list is a grandbaby!! But I promised myself NOT to say anything since Nick & Carrie have been only married 7 months!

Carol said...

A very happy post, Marsha! Alexis is adorable! She's a real showstopper in every way! Her personality comes shining through! Such a fun post, love it!

Becca's Dirt said...

Ooooh that is so cute. Alexis must be very talented. I love her yellow dress and she is so pretty.
I can see you smiling in your post.
Becca

Cynthia said...

Marsha, Alexis and all of our her little dance mates are adorable. I love how you put together the pictures of the recital. What composure Alexis showed when losing her shoe.

I would imagine that the auditorium was dark ... great photos.

I love her dress. :) It's exactly the same as the costume that Addi's group wore last year. I think they're adorable and age-appropriate.

How fun the recital must have been for you and Jayme. Good job, Alexis.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG, she is just the cutest thing! And she is so talented too, thanks for sharing these darling pic!!! Cindy

Kathleen said...

She is just precious! What wonderful pictures..and yes, that was a very HAPPY post!

Wanda said...

Alexis....what a doll. I have to agree move over Shirley Temple!!

You must have been busting your buttons..


Love losing the shoe and the expression..... too cute.

LOL:Wanda

Suzy said...

What a precious darling little girl and such talent!! She's an old pro it seems. Love the one with the kiss. I think I need to go try that lol..might break a leg but hey I'd get to stay home from work maybe :-)

Jayne said...

Pure sweetness!!

A Grain of Salt said...

Aw, Alexis is a doll. And looks to be very talented! Thanks for sharing, Marsha.

J@S&S

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, this is such a cute post and such a precious little girl! You got some great action shots. The little costumes are so pretty. You SHOULD be very proud. laurie

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, I am smiling from ear to ear. Alexis is just so precious, and talented. Thanks for sharing her with us!