Thursday, May 21, 2009

bath time...

I love to watch bath time on the rock. Today, a yellow warbler came in but was disgusted by all the fecal sacs that are EVERYWHERE from the common grackles and left without bathing. I hate this time of year...the rock is full, the pond is full, the bridge is full and our windows/siding are full. We love that our home is surrounded by evergreens but that also means it is a perfect grackle nesting place. Oops, I'm whining again...a chipping sparrow wasn't as turned off by the poo pool...
and was soon splashing up a storm.
Mr. Oriole was next on the scene and it didn't seem to faze him either...
he spent a good 5 minutes a splishing and a splashing!


15 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great pictures inspite of the poo.I guess we have to take the bad with the good.Have a great day.
Blessings,Ruth

Skoots1moM said...

such good bathing pics...they were enjoying the water!
thanks for sharing

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I love these summer bathing bird photos that you share Marsha!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Marsha, I have an idea...I'm going to send my birds to 'Marsha's Summer Bootcamp' so you can teach them your bathing skills!!
What do you think?

The Birdlady said...

Oneof my favorite things to see.

Tina said...

Simply a wonderful post! Who doesn't love to see these little birds take a bath..great captures!
You lucky girl, to see a BO..but to see him take a bath!! Wow!

Cynthia said...

Purple grackles are such messy birds ... They're bountiful here and definitely leave a mark wherever they go.

Glad to see some of the birdies were willing to take a dip.

Foley said...

I bet you can spend hours watching the birds at the water. Great photos...

Jayne said...

Indeed, if we can muddle through the poo, there is always a reward waiting, right? LOL! Wonderful shots Marsha. ;c)

Unknown said...

They are fun to watch aren't they?

Carol said...

Love these shots, Marsha! You've made a bird watcher out of me! First flowers and gardening, now birds :)

NatureStop said...

Marsha,such refreshing shots!!!They really seem to be enjoying themselves:)

troutbirder said...

Dang grackles. I guess they're housecleaning. The yellow warbler is gorgeous. Me and the pooch went hiking yesterday at Myre-Big Island S.P. and saw dozens of them.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I love your header, Marsha! Especially the May checklist - I had to laugh at "Stop at every nursery I know" and glad to know I'm not the only one who does that - LOL.

I only saw one Oriole this year. I put oranges out for him but he didn't stay :(

Fabulous photos!

Suzy said...

I love watching bird bath time! I wish we got orioles here. They are so bright! Great pics as always Marsha.