When we dance together, my world's in disguise
It's a fairy-land tale that's come true
And when you look at me with those stars in your eyes
I could waltz across Texas with you
Scenes from Luckenbach, TX...musicians "jam" there daily...
Waltz across Texas with you
Like a story-book ending, I'm lost in your charms
And I could waltz across Texas with you
Jeff tipped these guys to play Waltz Across Texas in his parents memory...it was so good in their slow drawl...I was a little teary eyed...
The moment that you come in view
And with your hand in mine dear, I could dance on and on
I could waltz across Texas with you
They would have loved the dance hall...
Waltz across Texas with you
Like a story-book ending, I'm lost in your charms
And I could waltz across Texas with you
...with Nathan's wedding being the first one since AJ passed away, I told Jeff he better put on his dancing shoes and take Tammy for a swing around the floor to Walz Across Texas...can't let the tradition pass away and what better way to remember them.
Luckenbach consists of about 5 buildings...a general store/post office/bar combo, a dance hall, and a few other old buildings...
7 comments:
I got a little teary eyed just reading this post. I agree Grandpa and Grandma would have loved this place!
That looks like a really cool and fun place.
Sweet post, Marsha :) There are some great country classics. I love the photo of the guitar cases!
Cool post Marsha... What a great tradition and a beautiful way for remembering them at the wedding.
Marsha, what a sweet post and cherishing memories and traditions. You guys have fun times!
I had no idea it was such a small little place. How neat that they sang for you all and brought back so many memories.
This was a sweet story.
I have to say... as I strolled through your past posts, I thoroughly enjoyed your AMAZING photography!!
This was my first visit to your blog.
Thanks for scenic tour.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Post a Comment