Thursday, April 30, 2009

more birds in the backyard...

I'm excited to say that a bunch of white throated sparrows are moving through. I took these photos on Tuesday when we had some sun.
Yesterday, was cold and rainy all day so of course it was the day Mr. Wood Duck decided to pose in the cottonwoods for me. I still haven't figured out what settings to use for those gray, gray days...tips anyone?

12 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

White Throated Sparrows are so pretty. Love the little yellow on him. You take beautiful bird photos. Have a good day... Becca

Jayme said...

We just had our first White Throated Sparrow on my birthday! I took a photo and was going to post it later this week.

Unknown said...

that first bird looks like his head is on the wrong body...very interesting.

Cynthia said...

I've never seen a White Throated Sparrow ... very sweet.

Marsha, John attended a kite festival a couple of weeks ago on a cloudy, gray, and wet day. He was very disappointed in the outcome of his photos. At home, he researched for a solution. I'll see is he has any ideas.

Foley said...

The sparrow is so cute... I didn't realize there were such colorful ones!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Cute shot of he Wood Duck!

I'm happy to see the adorable White-Throated Sparrow here. I haven't seen mine in 3 days now. Only one too. You have the other variety...the one with the black stripes on it's head. Mine had the dark brown stripes, not as attractive. They are just so stunning!

Tina said...

A different view of the wood duck for me..most of the time I see them they have left the trees and are in the water. Those white throated sparrows are pretty cool!
:)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great pictures of the Sparrows.I am by no means an expert,but have been instructed by my Hubby to over expose by a few stops in these conditions.It seems to work.As long as I remember.:)

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, another pretty bird! You amaze me again.

ChrisJ said...

Those sparrows are so beautiful. We get the white crowned sparrow (no yellow dot or white throat.) They come for the winter but disappear in the spring. Actually they left just a week ago this year. They are supposed to be here all year round according to the bird books. Don't know where they go, but they definitely leave. We have about ten or more that stay with us all winter, then go.

Jayne said...

He's beautiful Marsha! I am not sure there really IS a good setting for days like that. :c)

troutbirder said...

Great pics. We had white throats here all week and a lifer yesterday for me... a white crowned. The action shot of the yellow headed blackbird were just great!