to the singing of the birds
Pouring out their hearts in gladness
with a song too sweet for words
Spring is here!
When you see the robin redbreast
hopping round upon your lawn,
Searching, listening for his breakfast,
Then you know that winter's gone.
Spring is here!
When the breeze at early morning's
sweetly fresh, caressing, pure...
and the air, divine elixir,
Doth our every ailment cure -
Spring is here!
(Bertha Stone)
I'm back home and the early morning sun is making the frost covered lawn sparkle like crystal. The birds are singing and the air truly does smell like spring...it's a good day.
Didn't find my dress but I have lots of time...but look at the cool little tea cart I found at a thrift store for $5...
and the seeds, flower bowl and new candle chandelier for the patio.
Maybe my heart was a little more into wanting the garden season to start then "settling" for a dress, I wasn't quite sure about ;)
11 comments:
I LOVE thrift stores! Great find!
I like the poem - I truly love to hear the birds singing. I was thinking yesterday how nice was to hear the birds after all the rain we've had. Nice and uplifting.
You got a bargain on your thrift store finds.
Great purchases, Marsha. I hope spring is here to stay in MN. ... no more interruptions from winter.
The tea cart is a great buy. I can picture it filled with potted plants.
Marsha - you did have good luck shopping - love the tea cart!
Thanks for helping me with 'describing" my bird photo !!
The dress will come...
i love going to thrift stores on mondays after people have cleaned out their basements and closets!
you did get some good bargains...love that plant stand!
Spring is coming for sure...but when we don't know. Our weather is up and down like yours. But as the poem says the Robin Red breast and the singing birds are very good signs that soon.... very soon. Love your thrift store finds.
Marsha, aw, nice post! Love that tea cart... and what a deal! Who cares about a dress when you can find great garden/outdoor things? (OK, I know the dress is important, but you know what I mean!)
The pictures are wonderful, the poem lovely, and the tea cart to die for. $5.00 Oh my goodness, Marsha, you did good!!!
I love tea carts...
LOL:Wanda
Great finds for sure............
Yay! Spring is here! Between hunting for a dress and going to the garden store... hmmmm... I know which one will always win!
Between the poem and your sprightly new "header" I'm now in the spring mode...even as I look out the windown at this a.m.'s fresh snowfall.
Post a Comment