Saturday, June 09, 2007

Blue Delphinium


Last night as we were eating dinner on the patio the sun was setting and the blue delphiniums were gorgeously backlit. They looked almost neon so I ran to grab the camera and take a few shots before going back to dinner. Later, I noticed the white stripped sphinx month on them so took some more shots to share. What an enchanted evening...a wonderful welcome after being gone a few days.













4 comments:

BJ said...

What a terrific shot! The colors are just beautiful. I tried to comment on this earlier but couldn't. It's frustrating sometimes!

BJ said...

BTW - what a huge moth! A beautiful one at that.

sandy said...

Great pic of that moth

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Wonderful photos, my delphiniums are not even close to blooming, I love the little spinx moths, they are always out and about at dusk, a time when I am winding down from my day and have the time to watch them.