Thursday, June 21, 2007

Never boring...

“May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.”
(old Irish Blessing)


I was watching "Paul James the gardening guy" on tv the other morning and he said a gardener should always be trying new plants and rearranging the gardens and it would never be boring, thus gardening is not work but an experiment each year. I wholeheartedly agree...every year I look for new plants to add that I have never tried before and things just seem to be rearranged each year.
Because I have been so busy and not devoting as much time to the garden this year...I cut down on all my container gardening to save time on the watering. I love this old wheelbarrow planter Jeff made and it tends to dry out quickly so I did not plant blooms in it. I was missing having it filled so came up with the idea of a sedum garden which can stand dry soil and I think I like it just as well as blooms. This spring I was looking at bulbs and tried pineapple lily for the first time...definitely not a boring bloom. This is just a bud as the package says bloom time is September. I added the old door this year as an attempt to hide the LP tank.

Red Door, Sedum planter and Pineapple Lily...definitely not boring to me :-)

1 comment:

BJ said...

Love that red door! It really looks great standing there. You have great ideas with decorating too. The plants look great. Anything green or blooming is good to me. It all looks lovely.