Tuesday, April 23, 2013

the last week of winter...

We had snow again yesterday and last night, this view out my patio door shows the pine lady's branches drooping with heavy snow...
Today, the sun is shining and it is already melting bringing spring joy to my heart but even better is this forecast...

TODAY
Mostly Sunny
Mostly
Sunny
High: 35 °F
TONIGHT
Partly Cloudy
Partly
Cloudy
Low: 22 °F
WEDNESDAY
Rain/Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 60%
Rain/Snow
Likely
High: 40 °F
WEDNESDAY
NIGHT
Rain/Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 60%
Rain/Snow
Likely
Low: 23 °F
THURSDAY
Mostly Sunny
Mostly
Sunny
High: 46 °F
THURSDAY
NIGHT
Partly Cloudy
Partly
Cloudy
Low: 37 °F
FRIDAY
Mostly Sunny
Mostly
Sunny
High: 62 °F
FRIDAY
NIGHT
Partly Cloudy
Partly
Cloudy
Low: 39 °F
SATURDAY
Sunny
Sunny
High: 67 °F











6o DEGREES IS COMING!! We haven't seen temps that reached 60 since last October! I'm betting Minnesotan's will all be out in short sleeved shirts and shorts this weekend. Seeing no more measurable snow in the forecast is such a mood brightener and seeing the sun glistening off the snow this morning is actually a beautiful sight. Yes, on April 23rd I think blooming tulips and blossoming trees would be a much prettier sight but with warmer temps finally in the forecast I know that will happen soon.

On Saturday, Jeff & I got the pond pump running in an effort to try to thaw out the 2 foot thick ice in spots.
 

Jeff had to take off the bridge in order to break a path through the ice under the bridge to allow water to flow from one side to another. He left it off in hopes that more sunlight reaching the ice would also quicken the thawing process.
 

When the snow melts, I'll be moving the bird feeders further out into the garden and will be cleaning up a huge mess on my cement patio but seeing birds this "up close" all winter has been well worth the work it will take.
 

Did I mention is is going to be in the 60's this weekend? Let the spring gardening season begin!

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

YEAH!!!! We have warmer temperatures forecast as well. I am waiting for that.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

We had the same weather here yesterday. And we have the same forecast too. 67 degrees looks mighty good and it will feel so great.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Boy I hear ya on the warmer temps!
We still have snow melting in our yard. I just got back from Missouri where everything was green and blooming, come on warmer temps!
Cindy
p.s. even southern Wisconsin was greening up nicely.

Mollie said...

Your yard looks beautiful even decorated in newly fallen snow, but I do look forward to your blogs of spring and summer gardens! So glad your weather is turning to spring! Enjoy!!