It's hard to believe we are one third of the way through Spring and we have yet to see the beautiful season arrive in these parts. We are still having "Sprinter", which is when the calendar says spring and the weather is still screaming winter! This morning as the first rays of pink sun peaked through the trees I captured these shots of the backyard during the morning "blue hour".
Yesterday as the wet heavy snow was falling the feeders were busier than I have ever seen them, I actually refilled them twice during the day.

The robins were left wondering why on earth they didn't stay south.
So while it may be Sprinter at least the sun is shining and it is 34 degrees out so we'll have a little melting today and the warmth of this beautiful smile is gracing my home today which makes me not even care about the snow!
4 comments:
That little girl is a sweetie.Some day the snow will be gone and we can enjoy what's left of spring.
The "blue hour." What a great description of a beautiful time of day. And your visiting "princess" has a wonderful smile. And the birds are lucky to have you home to refill the feeders. "Sprinter." Never heard that before. Makes sense and is a great word, although I do hope it morphs into SPRING for you very soon.
We are having the same kind of weather here. Sprinter is a good word for it. You captured some lovely photos of it.
The little Princess would melt your heart if not the snow!
She would certainly brighten up this nasty weather we have been having. My kids had another snow day Friday, I think your districts did too.
Right after I emailed you the last time about the swans, a pair moved into the snowmelt pond across the road from my house. I think I spend the entire two days outside just so I could watch them. Apparently now I have become a swan stalker. But it was pretty cool, I have never seen them this close to my house. My kids think I just confiremd the fact that I am c-r-a-z-y.
Have a good weekend, enjoy the snow Sunday and Monday. I just keep thinking that it's got to help with our drought conditions...
Kate
Post a Comment