
We definitely got a bunch of April snow here on Thursday but it has already starting melting away. Yesterday, the lawn was covered in redwing blackbirds that spooked when I tried to take a photo. The bossy robin is still coming to the feeder and tolerates the juncos eating at the same time but scares away the bluejays, chickadees and redpolls. I spotted both rooster and hen pheasants looking for corn under the snow on Friday as well.
With all the snow still remaining and more forecast for next week it is so wonderful to see these first signs of spring...the goldfinches are molting to their bright yellow plumage!
I forgot one of my most amazing photos (even though it is really poor quality) in my "catching up" post. A pileated woodpecker flew into the backyard and landed on the pine lady! This is a yard "lifer" as we have never seen one on our property before and I couldn't grab a camera fast enough. Dang, if he didn't fly away before I could focus and has not made another appearance since then.
Since I obviously can't be working in my gardens, I spent time this week creating the April ruffle skirts and a baseball outfit for Brooklyn to wear to her daddy's baseball games. Already two of the mommies have told me I maybe should have made the t-shirts with snowflakes instead of raindrops!
2 comments:
I love both birds and baby girls so your post was perfect for Me.I really enjoyed it.I also posted today on birds.I see you have a lot more variety than We have.What a beautiful area you must live in.Denise
Wonderful close ups. Still no gardening yet in Bluff Country but I remain hopeful. Thats an amazing pheasant photo....:)
Post a Comment