I'm not sure but I think it is a Cooper's Hawk, maybe a juvenile. The only hawks I usually see around our yard are red tails and this guy is much smaller. He's been hanging around for 2 days and not too afraid of me and my camera. He's sitting in the little tree by the rock fountain in these photos.
You're right...it's a Cooper's Hawk. It's (I believe) a second year bird. Chest coloring that of adult but eyes haven't changed to the red/orange of the adult yet.
4 comments:
He is handsome. Your poor songbirds must have went into hiding. Great shots.
You got wonderful shots of this one.
you sure got some great close-ups Gunilla; a beautiful little raptor. Maybe it was looking for food near the fountain..
You're right...it's a Cooper's Hawk. It's (I believe) a second year bird. Chest coloring that of adult but eyes haven't changed to the red/orange of the adult yet.
Post a Comment