Sunday, August 28, 2011

northwoods camping...

I spent some time this past week camping in the northwoods of MN and sewing for Baby Bee's nursery. You can see the results of that HERE on Jayme's blog. It has been fun seeing her vision for the fabrics they picked out coming together. It is also very relaxing getting away from the busyness of our daily life here at home and having time to relax...read...antique...explore...and of course shop!
Jeff is working and managing the home front and I almost feel guilty for getting to enjoy all the beauty the northwoods and the Duluth area offer without him...but hey, I'm just helping the kids out :)
One of my favorite places to visit is Jay Cooke State Park, the scenery is gorgeous and the trails lead right to the edge of the waterfalls. I've posted scenes from this park many times here and it's worth it to take a look at THIS POST from last October to see the fall colors and the comparison photos from the high water photos of April 08.
I'm heading back up tomorrow and helping to finish a few more nursery projects but also plan to spend more time with a camera in my hands than with my hands on a sewing machine. Jayme and I are "clicking" away and hopefully by the end of this week our new little business of selling photo prints & cards will be up and running. Look for that announcement with links by next weekend!

4 comments:

Foley said...

Beautiful area - miss your steeple sundays ....

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful place! I can almost hear that water...rushing...and feel its coolness...

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad you are having fun getting ready for baby and also getting pictures of the beautiful scenery.

Chris & Kelli said...

Yay, can't wait to see the products you clever gals come up with! Good luck!