First up, we see the front of the house shots. The pillar pots are doing wonderful and the bed has filled out. The terra cotta angels have now made this area their new home and it looks like they have installed a door under my front steps to the fruit cellar below them.
Next, we see the front rose garden where the roses have provided constant color since late May. The first blossom has also opened on one of the mumsy marigolds.
Heading over to the wildflower garden we spy a butterfly and the first brown-eyed susans opening up.
Next up...the barn veggie and herb garden with a few blossoms for color. I sure wish color was on those tomatoes!
We are now on the patio and there are many beautiful flowers surrounding the cement.
Stopping at Pine Hollow we see the miniature hosta given to me by Kathy, Glacial Ridge Knits, planted next to the fairy having tea at the cottage in the upper left photo. In the below right we see the fairies are taking time out to have an outdoor piano concert next to the pavilion.
The cabin and it's surrounding flowers.
The pond has color around, on top of and in it!
And finally some random backyard shots. I think the garden has hit peak bloom time early this year (around late July) and is already on the downward spiral to Sept and the ragged brown look.
Hope you have enjoyed mosaic peek into the early August garden. If you like the more traditional path walk you can go back to see those shots on the July garden posts - part one, part two, part three and part four.
13 comments:
So colorful and cleverly done! It was a fine way to take the monthly tour for a change...
I really like your yard "beds" :)
Absolutely stunning photos and mosaics.
Have a wonderful week!
Carol
Oh Marsha.... you have done such amazing mosaics.... Each one is excellent alone, but put together ~ Perfection!!!!
The gals are having so much fun with your butterflies. Just posted two more.
I marvel at all the beauty in your gardens.The mosaics are a good idea.
Blessings,Ruth
You have absolutely breathtaking gardens, Marsha!
Oh Marsha... this should all be featured in a garden magazine! It's so very beautiful!
How beautiful everything looks, Marsha! I know what kind of work goes into making everything look so pretty.
I don't see any Japanese Beetles on your roses! Lucky! My roses are eaten in day unless I spray with chemicals which I don't like to do.
Wow! You must garden full time. There are no weeds anywhere! Love the angels sitting in the black and white chairs.
What a beautiful place you have - a slice of heaven!
Your garden is absolutely stunning! How long have you been keeping this garden? There are so many beautiful nooks everywhere… The fairies must treasure living there!
~Marsha
OH my gosh Marsha...your garden is at full swing. I LOVE each and every photo. You give me so much inspiration and a little bit of envy for all your space. I'd love to recreate so much of what you've done but it would have to be a miniature garden lol. In the first photo is that a chrysanthemum at the bottom? Did you plant it this year or does it come back well for you?
I have yet to try lisianthus..yours are so beautiful. Your fairies are getting high class with their piano! Mine are a little slow to set up housekeeping.
Love this post my friend.
Lovely mosaics! I adore the fairy garden!!!
-Blanche
Okay, now I see why the birds and the butterflies want to hang out in your gardens. Spectacular. You must be so proud of them. I can't imagine how many hours of work go into them. But what beauty results! I just can't get over it.
Post a Comment