Friday, July 02, 2010

early July garden tour - part one

We start our tour in the middle of the yard looking towards the wildflower angel garden...where the middle section is quite colorful.
The back side...
which is just starting to color up.
Ignore the mulch bags in the front of the house...these beds still needed to be mulched. The pillar pots have really filled out for nice spots of color.
This is the pot by the front steps.
A view of the rose garden - notice the kyushu hydrangea tree is missing? It didn't leaf out at all this spring - a casualty of our hard winters. Growth has started from the bottom so I cut off the dead trunk and am hoping for a future shrub or at least a decent stalk to retrain into a tree.
I love all the different colored roses and the rooguchi clematis has outgrown the shorter obelisk I had it growing on so it now has an additional trellis.
The side of the garage...
and the barn garden.
This week I added a faux window to the back of the barn...
so Henny Penny could join Harley, the horse, and Charlotte and the spider.

6 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

THanks for the enjoyable tour.The barn is becoming quite the artistic place.I like it.
Blessings,Ruth

Marigene said...

Beautiful gardens, Marsha. I love your little barn with the animals peering out. I wish I were artistic, heck, I can't even make a stick figure so it looks like one!
Have a great weekend.

Mollie said...

You are amazing! Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden with me/us! Love Henny Penny.

Darla said...

i would love to see your yard/gardens in person. i remember when your husband was building the barn...

Jayne said...

Love all the color in your gardens Marsha, and the addition of the window on the barn is perfect!

Carol said...

Gorgeous gardens, Marsha, simply breathtaking! What a stunning change from your winter!