
I've spied this handsome male indigo bunting in the garden for almost a week now but have been unable to capture his photo. They have to be one of the shyest birds out there!

Today, he finally needed a drink and a bath more than he wanted to escape me standing at the window. I just love how the shot below really shows off his two toned beak.

He approached the water cautiously and was constantly looking to see if I was still standing by the window.

Once the splashing started...

he enjoyed himself so much that...

a flock of sparrows couldn't even scare him away!
10 comments:
Oh what a gorgeous bird! I am glad you got these beautiful shots of him.
Blessings,Ruth
Gorgeous bird and photos! They are such a pretty color blue!
I'll bet the sparrows felt pretty 'drab' bathing next to him! What a gorgeous bird. I've never seen them here but my sister has one nesting near her home. I don't think they like heavily wooded areas like we have around our house.
Awesome pictures!
Great photos and commentary! Plus it looks so refreshing taking a much-needed, well-deserved bath!
Marsha, what exquisite pics of this beautiful fella! I love his color & the mosaic you created of him.
Have a lovely PINK summer's weekend ~
TTFN ~ Marydon
Are you sure you didn't touch up that blue in Photo Shop?? Just kidding. It's just the bluest blue I've ever seen!!!
The indigo bunting is one of the prettiest birds around...you got some great shots!
Ooooo... he's so beautiful Marsha!!
Such a beautiful bird! I used to see them in Louisiana on rare occasion along with the rarer painted bunting. Lucky you to capture so many shots of that pretty boy.
Love how he stood his ground. You told a great story with pictures and words.
Post a Comment