Thursday, August 19, 2010

Calif trip continued...

The Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum
My sister, Laura, is a very talented and was instrumental in the fundraising and building of this museum of which she is now the chair. Our family was honored to be given the full tour of this wonderful museum built as a near replica of Sunnyvale's founding father, Martin Murphy's home. It was interesting to see the exhibits of artifacts from the time the Murphy's lived here as well as the exhibits on the fruit canneries, boy scouts and Lockheed aircraft, etc.
One of my favorite things was seeing the mural painted on all walls on one room detailing Sunnyvale's history.
It is a fantastic and I am very proud of my sister :)

The day we toured the museum we spent the day at her house relaxing in her beautiful backyard. Ryan and Lucie gave us a "hat show" and also showed us how to make dancing ballerina flowers from hollyhock & fuschia blossoms and stir them in water.
In the evening we experienced our first "shrimp boil", it was a great time and lots of good food.
Last of CA tomorrow...

3 comments:

Carol said...

Looks like a great time, Marsha! Great looking museum!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I can tell you had a great time! I've enjoyed reading about your trip, and sorry I didn't post individually.

Suzy said...

The museum looks beautiful. I can see why your so proud of your sis. The shrimp boil looks awesome...we do that in Louisiana too..or crawfish!