Thursday, July 22, 2010

week in review...

I've been so busy enjoying summer that I didn't realize it has been a week since I last posted. With beautiful color everywhere even weeding the garden isn't a chore, don't you just love the star of yelta morning glory blossom? The photo doesn't do it justice as it is a deep purple with a fuschia & white interior.

Of course camping is a big part of our summer and last weekend was no exception as we enjoyed a wonderful getaway along the St. Croix river with Jayme & Scott.
It's hard to take time inside to be on the computer blogging when daily I love to watch the birds bathe.
It is always a pleasure to entertain in the garden and last night was no exception as Kathy, Glacial Ridge Knits and Quilts, came to visit and pick up her prize from my 4 year blogoversary giveaway last month. She brought her friends, Jennifer and Cindy, Cindy's Stitches in Time, and we had a wonderful time touring the garden and enjoying treats on the patio.
Even though Kathy was the prize winner, I came out a winner too when she brought me the cutest little hosta for the fairy garden. I can't wait to get it planted in the ground next to the little fairy cottage.

Hope you are enjoying summer as much as I am, it sure seems to be passing fast this year.

3 comments:

Darla said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the summer, you so deserve it after all that snow you had. Nice little get together..

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, you'll have plenty of time to blog in the winter! Enjoy the summer! Can't wait to see the little hosta :-)

Jayne said...

It is going fast... school starts here in two weeks...bleh. Your blooms are gorgeous my friend. :c)