Thursday, July 08, 2010

flying flowers...

It seems like as soon as the coneflowers start to bloom the butterflies come. This year is no exception!






11 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Amazing and beautiful, Marsha!

xoxo
Jane

Denise said...

Gorgeous photos Marsha, and your firework ones were amazing too. I can never get shots like that!
Hope you're having a great week.
Come say hi
hugs
Denise

Unknown said...

G'eve Marsha ~ Awesome pics captured ...

Have a lovely summers eve ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Foley said...

Wow! Such vibrant colors - you take such fantastic photos! Love all the different color coneflowers AND butterflies!

Marigene said...

Great picture of what appears to be a red admiral butterfly.

Bonnie said...

What gorgeous shots!

Jayne said...

I clicked on your blog and went, "Ooooooooo!" :c) So very beautiful Marsha! Wonderful shots!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures as always. Thank you Marsha, I REALLY need some coneflowers in my yard - don't know why I don't. I will remedy that! I love them, just love them and the butterflies are a plus!

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

I just came here from Far Side's blog. I'm impressed with your captures. I'm looking out my window at a big crop of coneflowers and liatris with more red admirals than I've ever seen at one time. They seem to be filling in for the monarchs, which are, unfortunately, absent this year. I haven't yet gotten any really good shots with their wings open, but your photos inspire me to get out and try again!

Carol said...

Marsha, your photography is breathtaking! Fantastic photo's!

DogsMom said...

Fantastic pictures. Like the poster above me said: Breathtaking!