Thursday, July 01, 2010

sunshine...

It feels so great to have a week of sunshine after all the rain and clouds we have had in the month of June! I am taking advantage of the nice days to get some work done in the garden as I have developed aster yellows in part of the garden. The gloriosa daisies (Rudbeckia gloriosa) on the east side of the garden are normal and look like the first and last photo but those on the west side look like this next photo.I've dug up all the infected plants and hopefully this will stop it from spreading to more areas and am working on weeding and mulching in other areas. I can't believe it is the first of July already, time flies. I hope to get to the first of the month garden tours tomorrow - today is too windy for pictures.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I can't believe it is July 1st, too. Summer is going too fast. I love the last photo you posted today. Sorry to hear about the aster yellows!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

We've had sun too this week Marcha.
We had that one week with like 7 straight days without sun. I thought I can't take this! This week has been wonderful!
You have beautiful flowers that I love to see!
Cindy

Sandra said...

I can't believe we're already in the month of July! Too quick I tell ya! I love your photos of your flowers. Hopefully, the little sickly flowers have not made the others sick too. Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Sandra

Blondie's Journal said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! My Black Eyed Susans are just about to bloom! Yay! We are finally getting sun after a ton of rain. Now to see more flowers! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Jayne said...

Seems like yesterday we were toasting the New Year? Man, but time has really flown in 2010. Beautiful flowers Marsha. :c)

Darla said...

always gardening challenges