5 months ago
Saturday, July 03, 2010
early July garden tour - part four...
The last segment of our tour begins as we leave the cabin and take the path to the back arbor...
where we stop to admire the clematis. The wildflower border and the purple coneflowers are just starting to blossom so we are several weeks away from peak bloom time yet.
Next we head up the path towards the bridge...
where we stop to admire the planter of cigar flowers, evolution salvia & morning glory which was planted for the hummingbirds. Only problem is that I haven't seen one for several weeks after we have had all that rain.
At the bridge we can see yellow, white and pink water lilies blooming in the pond...
before turning to see the center of the garden.
Next we head down the path to the satellite gazebo/arbor...
where the table is set for a holiday lunch.
The views from this table are always good...
and the birds never spy us under the arbor until they are at the feeders.
As we leave the arbor and head along the dry creek bed to the west side of the garden we see where I have been digging out the plants infected with aster yellows.
This planter is filled with wave petunias and another variety of morning glories.
The honeysuckle vine is done blooming but bright clematis brighten the back lattice.
Looking back towards the garden you can see the roots of the false blue indigo (baptisma) that was the hardest thing I have ever dug out. I broke a spade handle before getting J to help me get the majority of it out. I'll be working on getting more roots this week. While it wasn't infected like the plants surrounding it, the plant was just too big for this smaller area of the garden and it was constantly flopping over and crushing other plants. I transplanted some roots to the border and by the barn and if they grow they grow and if they don't I won't be heartbroken :)
From the back of the house we see more of the bare areas that I have been working on and I have lots more digging to do.
Finally we head up the path along the back of the house...
where we can sit and rest awhile...
and enjoy the view.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Your gardens are gorgeous.
Blessings,Ruth
Its looking so pretty at your place Marsha. I know you've been working hard. Gorgeous blue skies! Your table setting is so cute.
Your gardens always take my breath away Marsha!
No wonder you are tired!! You have been doing alot of work - love the satellite gazebo with your setting.
Your gardens get more and more gorgeous each year, Marsha! Gorgeous!
Very pretty dishes, love them!
Marsha, I am just so envious of your pond!! I talk with my hubby every year about putting one in but we just can't decide how to put it together. Would you come and decide for us???
LOL
Your garden tours are always my favorite posts! Thank you for another tour!
Several days ago you had a photo of your mule loaded with things you had pulled out and you mention it again today. Eight years ago when I started seriously flower gardening in my yard I had no idea the plants and seedlings that I would end up pulling out and tossing! There are just some things that would completely dominate if I let them. And it kinda bothers me because of the money I've spent and when I dig out a good sized seedling I can't help but think "somebody is going to pay $3.50 for this at the garden center!" Ha!
And what a gorgeous view it is to enjoy - even if it's only in pictures!
You have taken my breath away again. This is a garden to dream about.
I need to share your blog with friends.
Post a Comment