Sunday, February 01, 2009

8 seconds

It's a beautiful start to February here in MN! We are having beautiful sunshine and yesterday was a heat wave at 40 degrees...something we haven't seen for almost 2 months. We took advantage of the beautiful day and headed to St. Paul with 3 of Jeff's brothers, sister-in-laws and 2 nieces and their boyfriends to watch the World's Toughest Rodeo. We had a great time enjoying it from a private suite and although I only had my mini purse cam with, I thought I would share a few photos.This competetion is being filmed and televised on Spike TV as a reality show called The World's Toughest Cowboy" and you can read about that HERE.
Twelve cowboys started out in this competition with the grand prize being a ranch in Montana. They rode bucking broncs and huge bulls and 8 seconds seems like a long time on top of one of those things! St. Paul was the second to last stop on the tour so we know who the final four are...but my lips/keyboard are sealed :-)
One of the cutest parts of the evening was "mutton wrangling" where preselected children took their chance at bareback riding sheep. There was also a herd of goats that were rounded up by "Whiplash, the cowboy monkey". These animals were coralled right in front of us and periodically the goats and sheep would stand up in their pen to watch the action :-)
Check it out on Spike TV, football over's and this sport has just begun...

12 comments:

Foley said...

Marsha - Isn't this 'spring' weather great!!!
Love that last photo with the goat watching what was going on in the ring!!
Happy to hear you had great day!!

Kathleen said...

Looks like a fun !

Football is over?? Oh thank Heaven...but then basketball, and on and on we go!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That sounds like a fun time.I enjoy watching PBR on T.V.
Blessings,Ruth
Love the new Header.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I love how that goat is watching the action :-) We are having the same heat wave, feels good. Fun weekend Marsha!

Unknown said...

Rodeos are such fun, as a spectatar! Every seent the movie, 8 seconds? Sure you have from the title of this post...

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a fun event, Marsha! I hope I remember to look for it on television.

Love the new header ;)

Skoots1moM said...

how fun!!

Cynthia said...

Marsha, Saturday was fabulous here in KC also ... we hit a record 70°.

I'm sure after the extreme colds you have had 40° felt balmy.

The rodeo looks like a lot of fun. I love days like that; sound like all of you had a great time.

La Table De Nana said...

Looks like a lot of fine..and did I mention I love your Scrapbook header?

jalynn01 said...

First your new header is beautiful. I love love love it! But when I opened your blog I thought I died and gone to heaven...I love bullriding, cowboys, the whole rodeo scene. You probably have seen it on my blog... the PBR..anyway I enjoyed seeing your photos and the goat at the end sure got a lot of press!! haha... funny what catches the attention.

a quiet life said...

so you are having fun dating weekends too!

RuthieJ said...

We went to the World's Toughest Rodeo many years ago. It was a lot of fun. Looks like they had a packed house too.