Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Myself...

I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be fit for myself to know;
I want to be able as days go by
Always to look myself straight in the eye;
I don't want to stand with the setting sun
And hate myself for the things I've done.

I can never hide myself from me,
I see what others may never see,
I know what others may never know,
I never can fool myself - and so,
Whatever happens, I want to be
Self-respecting and conscience free.
(Edgar Guest)


It was fun to catch the shot of this little junco and his reflection.
When looking through my poems for a good quote, I loved "Myself".
It is a good reminder...

8 comments:

jalynn01 said...

What a great poem to go with your reflection picture of the shy junco.

Unknown said...

that poem is great and it goes well with the wonderful photos you captured, I really enjoyed this.

Jayne said...

It's Junco blog day! I blogged one today, so did Shelley, and now yours... beautiful Marsha!

RuthieJ said...

He's quite a handsome little junco too.

Leedra said...

Love the reflections.

Unknown said...

Re: Icicles are melting now and that part is pretty to so I'll say about 5 hours or so depending on how fast it warms up. thanks for visiting.

Peggy said...

Those reflections were awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great post, Marsha! I enjoyed this one so much!