Thursday, November 20, 2008

Discovery...

Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different.
(Albert Szent-Gyorgyi)

Except for the photo above all of these shots were taken through my dirty windows so I apologize in advance for the blurry shots. With that said and in the spirit of fun, this pesky little squirrel takes you along on his discovery tour of my garden this morning...

Wow, this garden is filled with lots of interesting things besides the bird feeders I love to raid. This clematis tower is the perfect spot to survey it all.
I love that she has bird houses on top of the feeder poles, it gives me a chance to sit comfortably while I much on a mouthful of seeds...
and mice moved into this cowboy boot house. I discovered by chewing a hole through the toe, I can get at all of the seeds they stockpiled in there.
There are birdhouses all over this tree stump, I think I'll pose for her at this flamingo one. Don't I look like a gentleman with my hand on the branch?
Not only are there lots of birdhouses and feeders but this place has fake birds, I had to make sure this one was really fake...
and who is she kidding with this eagle? It doesn't scare me.
They even welded scrap iron on shovels and called them cranes...I just think they are playground equipment put in to entertain me.
This place even has houses for toads, but personally I have never seen anyone use it. I like to tip it over occasionally just to make sure.
This fall they moved a shiny gazing ball high up in the pine tree. It was great thinking, a perfect place to check if I have something stuck in my teeth.
The tour ends with the fleur de lis on the gazebo and a tip to all my squirrel buddies...you don't want to try sitting othat thing!

9 comments:

Jayme said...

My stars this little guy was everywhere. I like the one of him my the flamingo. He's holding onto the stick.

I have to say they are a lot cuter when they're not inside your apartment!

Unknown said...

What a neat morning for the sqirrel. Enjoyed that!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

A nice garden tour through squirrel's eyes. My yard squirrels are really busy this morning. Brrr!

jalynn01 said...

Squirrels are so entertaining and endearing when you aren't thinking about how much seed they eat! I love the 'gentlemen' picture. He sure looks like he is posing for it. I have too many squirrels to count and they would be so much fun if Sunflower seeds didn't cost $20.+ a bag.

Wanda said...

Squirrels are so cute... and you have made me smile with every shot.

One of the things I love about living where we do, is having squirrels, birds, and butterflies in my back yard.

Peggy said...

The tour was awesome! I can't believe he made his rounds to all of your "stuff"! Very cute!

The Birdlady said...

Wow! Look at all those birdhouses! I would be right there with Scamper, checking them all out.

RuthieJ said...

That's one handsome Fox Squirrel you've got there Marsha. I love it when they sit up and curl their "hands" up into their chest.

Anonymous said...

How cute, Marsha! I love watching squirrel antics No need to apologize for taking shots through a window - who wants to freeze outside?