Thursday, November 06, 2008

Counting Raindrops...

Let's count the raindrops
as they pour:
one million, two million,
three million, four.
(Alan Benjamin)

Counting raindrops is about all I have the energy for this week. I got hit with a doozy of a cold/sore throat and since I can't hold the camera with a kleenex in both hands I'll show you more photos of the majestic looking elk we saw in Colorado last month.



Those beautiful crossbills I showed last Friday must have just been passing through and needed a cool drink of water. I have had lots of time to look out the window this week and haven't spotted them again. Hopefully, this rain quits soon as I have to get the fish netted and in their winter home before the cold spell we are predicted to get this weekend ices over the pond. In the meantime, I'll sit with my box of Kleenexes and count raindrops...

Updated: since I wasn't getting much done but sitting around, I updated my blog with links to some of my favorite blogs. I follow lots of blogs (nature, food and general ones) and wanted to share some of the ones I admire most with you. Today, I ask you to say a prayer for Cari at Undomestic. She is a fellow MN blogger (whom I have never met but pray for daily) who was diagnosed one year ago with breast cancer and it has now metasized to her brain and spine.

9 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I loved seeing those elk.

I'm so sorry about your friend. I will add her to my prayers.
Marnie

The Birdlady said...

Your elk shots are great! They are beautiful animals, aren't they?

Unknown said...

Sorry about your cold!! Raindrops? What's that? We need some rain badly!! The elk photos are beautiful. Feel better soon!

RuthieJ said...

Oh Marsha, I hope you feel better soon--the "viral crud" is going around in this area too, but I've managed to avoid it (knocking on my wood desk!)
I like the new look of your blog--especially the picture at the very top.
Thanks for the link to the Undomestic blog. I will keep her in my prayers also.

Peggy said...

Ah! I hate colds! I hope yours is clearing up! Those raindrops are so cool, you never think to photograph them, but YOU did!

Loved the Elk. I need to put them on my list to see soon!

If that is your yard in the first shot--WOW! It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Marsha - the elk picture looks so majestic! Take care of yourself!!

Jayne said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Marsha. It's that time of year when colds will be hitting hard. Hope your nose does not bear the brunt of it too much longer. The elk photos are beautiful.

Prayers ascend for Cari...

Wanda said...

Wonderful shots of the Elk.

They are truly magnificent animals.

Sorry about your nasty cold!!

BJ said...

Such fantastic pictures you posted. My favorties are the elk!

So sorry about your friend. It always saddens me to hear about another person stricken with cancer. I will keep her in my prayers too.

I hope you are feeling better. Something grabbed a hold of me on Friday and made me feel so terrible. Up and about more today. All the bed laying....movie watching must have been beneficial!