The Rockies are not a type, but an individuality, singularly rich in mountain scenes which stir ones blood and which strengthen and sweeten life. (Enos Mills, Wild Life on the Rockies, 1909)







I bet you thought I was still on vacation! Nope, I had major computer problems that hopefully are now fixed with a new hard drive and a valuable lesson, always "back up" your files and photos. It's always easier said (or thought) than done in my case and while I did lose some data & photos, it could have been much worse. I leave you with the last of the vacation photos, Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park, Colorado. Another destination I will be returning to again some day. The beauty and wildlife were spectactular and since it is the time of year that the elk are down in the meadows and the rut season is going on, we saw a lot of elk, bulls chasing off younger bulls and witnessed and heard, lots of bugling. Fall is a beautiful time of year to visit Colorado.
Updated: I was so frazzled with my computer woes, while copying off photos I realized I forgot to show you Arches National Park. I have added it below in order to keep the Utah Rocks series together.
12 comments:
Fantastic, Marsha! Love this batch and I'm so glad your computer problems worked out! Thanks for the "armchair" vacation! It was fun :)
Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, Marsha! I'd love to know more about your 'equipment'. I hadn't saved a link to your blog and I'm glad you're back now and I've bookmarked it :)
Love the elk.
Glad you are up and running again.
Gorgeous! Just simply gorgeous Marsha!
Glad your back to posting. Beautiful vacation pics.
Love the Elk photos and that blue bird! If you guys go back out I think Scottie and I will have to go too!
These are wonderful photos...Especially the birds (who knew the birdlady would pick the birds? lol) and that bellowing buck!
Wow, it would be cool to see and hear those elk.
I have never seen a Stellar's Jay, but that's another good reason to go west.
P.S. to Bird Girl--the white bird is a Gray Jay (a year-round resident in central and western Colorado)
I think this was a wonderful "Arm Chair" vacation too.
Thanks for bring such beauty into my home.
Enjoyed visiting Estes Park and RMNP with you. Great pics
just gorgeous pics, i love the elk, their sound is mesmerizing to me. you had a heck of a good time and traveled at the perfect time of year!
Those Rockies hold some fantastic shots! You are such a great photographer Marsha. I especially loved seeing the Elk roaming and all of the landscape. The lake shot is so beautiful. All of them are so nice.
So glad that you worked out your computer problems. I use FLICKR and pay $25 a year to upload as many as I can send them!!!! But your are definitely right.....always back-up!
Post a Comment