Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Orange...

Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
To the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. As a citrus color, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the color of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.
(from the Color Wheel website)

A few of the spots of orange in my gardens...
Tiger Lily (my favorite, it reminds me of my mother's gardens)
Morden Sunrise Rose
Baltimore Oriole
unnamed Peach Daylily
Butterfly Weed, Asclepias tuberosa
Monarch
Potentilla - Cinquefoil, Miss Willmott
Hemerocallis, Yellow-red Daylily
Anagallis, Wildcat Orange
Portulaca grandiflora, Moss Rose
Orchard orioles
Belamcanda chinensis, Blackberry Lily
unnamed Butterfly

6 comments:

Richard said...

The last pictures of two orioles are Orchard Orioles. Great pictures.

Richard said...

Oops...you said that and I misread it. Still great pictures.

The Birdlady said...

Beautiful oranges.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Oooh- I love hot colors in the garden!

BJ said...

So beautiful Marsha! You have such a knack for colors. And I do enjoy coming here to see the beauty. Thanks for sharing your gardens.

Wanda said...

You make orange my favorite color... I guess I'm fickle!

But who could help but fall in love with your orange array of beauty.

Thanks for praying for our daughter.