Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring...

When springtime slowly wakens
In country woodlands fair,
I hear the rustle of the breeze
And smell spring in the air.
(Jennie Buteyn)
Spring is officially here! This morning I saw my first geese flying overhead and a few grackels have arrived but so far no robins or other migratory birds.

The forecast is for up to 6 inches of snow in the next 2 days so it may be a "white Easter" as well.

It is a busy week for our family so I am sending out wishes to all my readers for a Blessed Easter!


I love all things vintage and we recently aquired a box of family treasures. These postcards were all written by Jeff's great-great grandmother to his great-grandmother. The first one is from 1911, the second one is from 1912 and the third one is from 1914. Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cards are beautiful, as are the words of the poem.
Blackbird and few robins sighted here, along with huge flocks of geese and ducks.

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Hi Marsha, sorry you may have a 'white Easter' but I'm sure you will make the best of it anyway. The cards are just beautiful, such a memoir from 'grandma'. They are very old and must mean so much to you. Happy Easter to you too!

RuthieJ said...

Hi Marsha,
Those little antique Easter greetings are so lovely. What a nice treasure.

I haven't seen my red-breasted nuthatches for about a week now.

(Hopefully our snow will be mostly melted by Easter!)

Wanda said...

The little bird, and the cards are so lovely ~~ A true taste of Spring.

Jayne said...

And a Happy Easter to you too Marsha. Love your little nuthatch! How neat that you all have those postcards.