Monday, March 31, 2008

out like a lion...

March had one more heavy snow in store for us before we could start dreaming of April showers. The only good thing is that it has already started to melt and probably will be gone in a day or two.
The robins sought warmth on the big rock...
and Mrs. Hairy had to peck through snow to reach the peanuts.
I had to get out the bird book for this one and I believe it is a song sparrow. It has gray stripes on the side of it's head and is not as russet colored as a fox sparrow. Correct me if I am wrong but it is hard to get a good shot with the white snow glaring.

The hen pheasants continue to feed daily. Joseph is still here and struts through the backyard once in a while but the hens are capturing his interest more than the corn.

2 comments:

RuthieJ said...

Ugh, you guys really got nailed with snow this time! Well, you needed the moisture anyway, right? At least it will melt soon.
Song sparrow has a lovely song. Richard down in Atwater got some photos of one today also. I'll have to start watching my sparrows a little closer for new arrivals too.

Jayne said...

Hope the snow is gone soon Marsha. Wonderful shots of your visitors.