Friday, March 07, 2008

Hairy woodpeckers...

We have lots of downy and hairy woodpeckers in the backyard. The hairy woodpeckers love the peanuts and will scare off most others and stake the feeder as their own. Today, I watched a male & female vie for the feeder (they don't like to share) and the female ended up flying off. Less than a minute later she was back and they went around and around the feeder trying to scare the other off. I had plenty of time to grab the camera and get a few shots.

5 comments:

RuthieJ said...

I love my Hairy Woodpeckers! I just wish they weren't so shy and hung around more often.
Fun Pictures, Marsha.

Wanda said...

This is a great way to show us your Hairy Woodpeckers ~~~

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Those are fun pictures espcially in that poster format.

Jayne said...

Love the montage Marsha! And I love the little Downy's too. :c)

Jessica said...

I've never seen so many woodpeckers on feeders at one time!