Monday, March 03, 2008

In like a lamb....

March is an in between month,
When wintry winds are high.
But milder days remind us all,
Spring's coming by and by.
(author unknown)


March came in like a lamb...but I needed more than the calendar to remind me that spring is on the way so I pulled out a shot of the lilacs from May 2007.Not too much happening in the garden...
the bluejays are still letting me know when the peanuts run out...
and this little guy thinks
he's hiding from me.

4 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I can just smell those lilacs. For me they are the scent of spring. You peeking downie made me chuckle!

RuthieJ said...

In like a lamb....out like a lion? Hopefully not, we all need winter to be over already!

BJ said...

Oh.....I so love the lilacs! I can just smell them now. Spring is getting closer and closer. It won't be too much longer. I am so looking forward to blooming bradford pears, daffodils, tulips, crocus and hycinths....any early bloomer will do.

Wanda said...

Oh these are such wonderful shots today. Love the little bird hiding!! Love lilac's too ~~ I can smell them --nice.