An eye can threaten like a loaded and levelled gun, or it can insult like hissing or kicking; or, in its altered mood, by beams of kindness, it can make the heart dance for joy.... One of the most wonderful things in nature is a glance of the eye; it transcends speech; it is the bodily symbol of identity. (Ralph Waldo Emerson).JPG)
We've all seen the emotions in the eyes of our loved ones...the looks of love, compassion & kindness...the sparkle of mischief and the steely gaze meant to put us in our place as in the "evil eye". Just like REW says...it transcends speech.
.JPG)
We've had spring like weather all week so I went outside this morning to take some shots rather than shoot through the windows like I have been all winter. I was looking for signs of spring in the garden when I noticed this little chickadee resting.

He allowed me to get closer and closer until I was 2 ft away so I just kept snapping away. I don't think I have ever taken a chickadee shot where the eyes showed so clearly as they usually blend into the black cap.

He turned around a few times all the while keeping "an eye" on me as if to say
..."I'm getting a little uncomfortable with you getting this close, but I trust you" He stayed on the branch while I walked away, what a wonderful patient little guy he was to let this old lady get such joy from taking his photo.
7 comments:
How nice that you could get so close! That is really impressive. You did a wonderful job with this little guy! Thanks for sharing with us.
You certainly 'eye-balled' that little Chickadee perfectly, Marsha.
He is so crisp and clear. Incredible shots!!
Did you every get the "eyes" ~~ What great shots ~~ I bet he was really loving it, all that attention :)
Awwwww.... I love the Chickadee-dee-dees! Wonderful photos Marsha. Thanks so much for sharing them.
When I was a 'young' bird watcher many moons ago the Chicadee was the first bird I identified and I have loved it ever since. I can certainly see the expressions in it's eyes. It's the sweetest cutest bird and hard to get the eye. Great job! Loved your Emerson quote too!
You really did do a good job capturing they eyes which can be very difficult when the bird has a dark head.-Chickadees are great.
Aw Marsha, what a cutie! Do you have any nesting boxes out for those little chickadees?
Post a Comment