
We woke up to -25F this morning with windchills I don't even want to think about. Since the female redpolls (haven't seen a male yet) have discovered the feeder by the window I am able to get some nice shots. This morning's light was perfect as this gal posed all puffed up.

The thistle seed is their favorite but they also feast on hulled sunflower seeds.

The following 3 shots are from yesterday afternoon and the lighing wasn't great but I still enjoyed "shooting" these beautiful birds.



Look how those sharp "toes" cling on to the feeder tray and it is amazing to see them in the "no hands" shot. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do...
7 comments:
Marsha, your luck rubbed of on me. I was so excited to see the female Redpoll at my feeders today!
I, too, am looking for the male, but don't think he will be in since they seem to be very rare in this area. Let's keep our fingers crossed!! I LOVE your shots!
Aren't they such cute little birdies? Great photos Marsha!
Sweet, sweet, sweet! Love all these Redpolls everyone is seeing. Send some my way?
Well, I just checked the range map. Unless one takes a huge wrong turn, it's just not in the cards for me here in Georgia...drats!
Beautiful photos Marsha! These pretty little birds were lifers for me last weekend. I sure wish they'd drop by my back yard.
Beautiful photos of the redpolls, I am hoping to see some new birds (to me) when I visit the US this Autumn (Fall).
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them with those of us here on the net.
Post a Comment