Wednesday, February 27, 2008

300th post...

Can you believe this is my 300th post...my how time flies when you're having fun. I started this blog of "life in the garden and the garden of life" as a fun little way to show garden/family pictures to family and friends that we do not get to see very often. I really did not fully understand the blogging world and how vast it was and what great people you meet through them. I am grateful to all who read and the wonderful comments I have received.
Here is a sneak peak of another great thing that has happened to me as a result of this blog. A friend of Jayme's reads the blog and loved some of my "nature" shots of birds, butterflies, frogs and bugs. She is a pediatric physical therapist at one of Gillette Children's new clinics. I was asked if I would like to provide some photos for their nature wall that leads to the treatment rooms...of course, I was :-) This is a shot of the hallway (the large prints are from a professional artist) and mine are all the smaller ones at "kid" level. I love how they are inset into the wall and I have been told they are very popular with patients and family. I look forward to going to their open house in April to see the wall for myself. I will share more about it then. Thank you, Melissa for thinking of me and sharing the "sneak peak" photos with us. Mr. Froggy at the top of the page is one of the 10 photos selected.

PS: did you notice I changed the blog banner to the rooster pheasant who visits the backyard on a regular basis? When I first started posting him, I received an email from Rox H. in SD asking if he was a unique pheasant as the roosters in SD do not have the white stripe on the top of their heads. Well, yesterday my husband got his Pheasants Forever magazine and I paged through it and guess what....99.9% of the pheasants shown did not have the white stripe! Jeff says everyone he sees has the white and I don't know if I've ever paid that much attention. We have lots of pheasants we see in rural MN so I am definitely going to be on the lookout for white stripes...what do they look like in your area?

9 comments:

Chris & Kelli said...

Congrats on the big 3-0-0!!! Maybe I'll get there sometime in the next 30 years :) Thanks for all the updates Marsha! I really enjoy reading your blog everyday!

RuthieJ said...

Hi Marsha,
What a nice honor for you to have your photos chosen for exhibit!

I looked at photos of the pheasant in my yard and he has very thin white stripes on the top of his head--not nearly as prominent as the one at the top of your blog. I'll have to keep watching for this as I see pheasants out in the wild.

Wanda said...

I think I hit 300 today too. I'll have to go back and check. You are so right...feels like I just started and it's been a year.

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

WOW Marsha, you certainly can be proud of your accomplishments being honored in a children's clinic. Way to go!!! That's has to be a wonderful feeling for you.
That's awesome you get the pheasant visiting you so often. Never had one here. He should be proud you changed your banner just for him!
Contrats on your 300th post!!
So glad I discovered your blog, I always look forward to veiwing it daily!! You have such a wonderful way of capturing your audience's attention. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Jayne said...

What a wonderful honor Marsha! Congratulations on your 300th post too! I would pee my pants if I saw a pheasant in my yard. Lucky you!

BJ said...

Congrats Marsha!

How nice that your photos are being shown in a Children's Hospital. I love your work.....your photo's are wonderful. I'm so glad that you are being recognized for your digital photography.

I really love the picture of the frog on the lilypad! It is so beautiful!

I'm so glad that I found you too Marsha! I love coming here to see what delightful pictures you have posted.

sandy said...

Wow, that is great Marsha. You have gotten some beautiful photos through the months.

sandy

Mel said...

¡Felicitaciones! Congratulations!!!
For the 300 and for your pictures in such a special place, helping kids get their smiles back after not -so-good-always-sacry experiences.
Best wishes from Peru!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for sharing your time, treasures and talents with the clinic. Patients and families comment on your photos everyday. Hope to see you at the open house in April!
Melissa