Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The North Wind

"The north wind is cold,"
The robins say;
"And that is why robins
Must fly away."

"The north wind is cold
And brings the snow,"
Says Jenny Wren,
"And I must go."

"The north wind is cold
As cold can be,
But I'm not afraid,"
Says the chickadee.

So the chickadee stays
And sees the snow,
And likes to hear
The north wind blow.
(Rebecca Foresman)


I am so happy the chickadees stay...
Another bright spot in the house...my Minerva amaryllis is in bloom...it is so beautiful!

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Love the poem Marsha! The chickadee-dee-dee is delightful and your flower is beautiful!

Wanda said...

Yeah for Chickadee's and flowers! Loved the poem. You always bring us such delightful posts. Thanks!
LOL :)

BJ said...

Great poem Marsha! And the amaryllis is so beautiful! Don't you just love them? I also love the paper whites! I haven't grown anything inside in a few years....but it is fun to watch and then see the end result.