
This beautiful sky shot was taken early last fall and I don't think I've seen one like it since as it seems like gray skies are the norm these days. I'm anxiously awaiting spring...

While looking back for the cloud photo I came across this shot of a fox sparrow also taken last fall. I can't wait for the migrating birds to come through once again. Did I tell you I'm anxiously awaiting spring...

The goldies have now spent 3 1/2 months just hanging out in a small tank in the garage and have at least 2 more to go. They have not eaten this entire time and most of the tank is covered in ice...I don't think I am the only one anxiously awaiting spring....

Our four resident crows are constantly eyeballing the corn buffet but have not yet had the nerve to come down and feast.
6 comments:
Oh, Marsh, I'm with you, I can't wait for Spring! I'm so tired of snow, gray skies, cold weather, fog...need I go on, haha! It was so good to see the Fox Sparrow. I didn't get any this year. Hopefully, soon the 'goldies' will be eating. Isn't it funny how the crows are always so apprehensive coming in a little closer. They always raid my compost pile or chicken carcass, that is, if the raccoon doesn't get it.
oops, I missed the a in your name, sorry, darn those sticky keys!
I feel just like you Marsha! I long for the beautiful blue skies, the Spring flowers petruding through the ground, the warm sunny days........oh how I hope it comes soon.
I so enjoyed seeing the "goldies" as I have thought about them so often knowing that they must be starving! Just can't wait to see your pond with all of them in it.
Everyone of your picture today are wonderful...I just had to go back and look again.!!
The fish in the frozen tank...wow!
Last April, I had a magical two weeks or so here on Chickadee with eons of migrating beauties. I hope this year will be just as lucky for me. Everyone seems really tired of the dark, gloomy days now. Hope your goldfish can hold out.
Hi Marsha,
I'm amazed the goldfish can go all winter long without eating!
My crows are shy too. They do finally venture close to the house for corn and peanuts, but as soon as they see me in a window, they're gone!
Post a Comment