Thursday, February 21, 2008

Catching up...

That orbed maiden, with white fire laden,
Whom mortals call the moon.
(Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Cloud)

Moonlight is sculpture.
(Nathaniel Hawthorne)
Did anyone else watch the lunar eclipse last night? It was a great night for viewing...now if I only could figure out how to photograph it...looks like I have until 2010 to learn for the next time. Today, is the first time since Saturday that I can actually say I'm feeling better. Can you believe I've had these flowers since Valentine's Day and finally got around to taking a couple photos?

Before winter ends I am hoping to master "in flight" shots...I've been practicing with the blue jays but they are always flying away from the camera.










A shot from last week...the swans flying over the steaming river was a beautiful sight.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Having a bad day...feeling a little blue...then head to Marsha's Garden, and you will smile, feel joy, and just bask in her lovely photograhy...That's what I do!!! :)

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Love the quotes, Marsha! I totally forgot about the eclipse but have been enjoying the lightness outdoors at night. I can see forever. The hyacinths are beautiful, I think I can smell them, too, hehe. Keep practicing on the still shots, I'm sure you will get it. I am trying myself.
Hope you get feeling better soon!

Jayne said...

What lovely Valentine hyacinths! I can't photograph the moon worth a hoot either Marsha, so I suppose it didn't matter that ours was fully covered by low clouds. :c)

BJ said...

Marsha - oh, those hyacinths are so beautiful..I love their smell. One of my favorite. As usual, your pictures are wonderful. I love to come and visit.

Thanks for all of your visits to my blog to see baby Elijah! It has been hectic....I have had the girls on and off but we are having fun! Elijah is a welcome little one into our family.

Hope you are feeling better. Hugs to you.