The sunflower children
Nod to the sun.
Summer is over,
Fall has begun!
(author unknown)I just love the bird activity at this time of year! Though I still have the feeders filled they all go to the natural seed heads first.

Yesterday, I went out to take some butterfly shots (there are still quite a few around) and was surprised to see a hummer. I took all the nectar feeders down 2 weeks ago when the nights got chilly to encourage them to migrate and had thought they had all left within days. This guy either remained enjoying the natural food sources or is migrating through.
2 comments:
You take some great pics and have a wonderful yard. I was sitting out today at lunch time and seen a hummer zooming thru my yard. I was so excited! It is just lovely this time of year.
Marsha - hard to believe that summer is over and that fall is actually almost here.....I say almost cause it was in the 90's this week but has dropped back into the 70's and hopefully will stay. The hummingbird shot is absolutely GREAT! So beautiful a bird it is. The sunflowers are drying up and the birds will go to town now!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment