"An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."
(Henry David Thoreau)
I love autumn sunrises (maybe because they are later and I'm actually up and coherent) so I've decided the best way to enjoy them is by going for early morning walks. What a blessing they truly are...
"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." (Thomas Mann)
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." (John Muir)If I hadn't been out walking I never would have noticed how the first rays of light hit only certain parts of the field giving them a warm glow. It sure makes the trees look much prettier than at any other time of day.

I cut through the garden on the way back to the house to take a picture of my pond as requested by BJ - sorry, it's not a "koi pond" just plain ole' goldfish for me. Soon I will be taking them out for the year and it will be interesting to see how many I have. I see lots of small young ones from this year's hatch but sadly most of my
favorites have disappeared from something that raided the pond for several nights in a row in June. We believe it was racoons as the dogs had one up the electric pole one morning but the 12" comets and all the fantails are gone.
1 comment:
Marsha - oh, these are just beautiful pictures of the sunrise. I too, love to see how the sunlight hits certain spots but other areas are so dark. So lovely.
And thanks too for taking a pic of that gorgeous pond area. It is just so lovely to see all of the flowers and green.....and I'm not disappointed that you don't have koi....I had just thought that. I do love the fish in the ponds. I always wanted that....so much work to do that. Your property is to behold! I can just imagine that you can go there with coffee in the mornings to reflect on your day ahead!
Thanks for this post. I so enjoyed it.
Post a Comment