Monday, September 24, 2007

September surprise...

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.
(Helen Hunt Jackson, September, 1830-1885)

Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that yesterday was the first day of Autumn and we hit 90 degrees! I took this tiny butterfly shot and the scary looking moth with the large black eyes posted below yesterday afternoon.
As I was getting ready to post today I thought it would be nice to have a "fall color" shot too so I went outside to see if I could find some pretty leaves and lo and behold the yellow swallowtail in the first shot was sunning itself on the edge of the grove. Not the fall color I was imagining but some pretty awesome color to welcome autumn anyways! Happy Fall!

1 comment:

BJ said...

Marsha - these are wonderful pictures! I especially like the shot of the moth....something about them really fascinate me. The close-up is just great. As always, I love the different butterflies....one is more beautiful than the other. And is that a black-eyed susan? Well, whatever it may be, it is very pretty.....I love the rich color.

Thank you for your comments on my posts! I learned a lot from you this last one. I figured you would know as you have the most gorgeous property. BTW - how is your Koi pond? I'd love to see more shots of that. I always wanted a Koi pond....it didn't happen so I will enjoy the ones in my sights.

Great post....as usual!