Wednesday, September 05, 2007

An elephant...

An elephant is fat and strong,
His trunk is very, very long,
His tail and ears flap bugs away,
And keep him cool on hot, hot days.
(Iram Khan)

A few more roadside sculptures from our roadtrip. This elephant was life sized and welded completely out of old lawn mower blades by artist Ken Nyberg. This one and the following are all displayed near his home in Vining (a small town in central MN.

It has been very hot the last few days and the rock is a very popular place to cool off. Today, I saw 12 warblers & goldfinches bathing at once but only managed to get 8 on camera!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Marsha: You did it again...more wonderful statues...I love coming to your post...Very fun!

BJ said...

Marsha - I love all of these statues. I can't remember ever seeing anything like this on any of my travels. I especially love the elephant. And to think that it is build by blades.

The picture of the birds cooling off is just adorable. They are so cute. The other day my granddaughters, daughter and myself were going out to lunch and we saw a bird taking a dirt bath. The girls could not get over that. Hailee kept saying, awe, awe!