
Today as I was weeding the garden I saw a flash of red. I didn't think much of it as we have the pretty red house finches but after a few minutes I heard a "chirping" I hadn't heard before. I looked up and it was a cardinal. Cardinals are very rare here in my garden...in 20 years I have only seen them about 4 times so it was quite the treat to have this guy stay all day. I ran to the house for the camera and took about 100 (well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration) photos and even managed to capture him taking a bath :-) What a wonderful experience this afternoon was!

a cool drink...

a splishing and a splashing...

.JPG)
and a little scratch behind the head :-)
1 comment:
How exciting. I know the feeling. I was photographing a dragonfly today and my battery went dead. I had time to run in and change batteries...he stayed for about 10 minutes on a couple limbs nearby. Isn't it exciting when you get the "capture" .....these are great Marsha...
Post a Comment